Monday 9 July 2012

Week 27 - Hidden dragon at Hawkesbury

This weekend our miniatures group displayed some work at the Hawkesbury Hobby Show at Richmond Showground NSW.



On one of the woodwork stalls we met David Stanley who was carving a wonderful relief of a dragon hiding in leaves.  He also had the same dragon beautifully worked in pyrography and coloured.

David is from western Sydney and has a web site called Whimsical Wood where he very generously has the pattern for his dragon available as a download.
His talent was obvious as we watched him working but I was blown away when I went to his web site and looked at the rest of his art, he is a brilliant illustrator and woodworker.

so.....I know this is a bit  of  a cop out, but will you forgive me if I Promise Promise to make something from David's pattern and show it here later?

after three weekends of showgoing I'm wearing down (and I caught a 'flu thing at Katoomba) oh excuses, excuses.....

here is Davids "Young dragon hiding" and here is the link to his pattern - I'd love to know (and see) if you use it.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails