Monday 13 February 2012

Week 6 - Spike the punk dragon


At the hairdressers this week I met Spike who was having his pink mohawk dyed.   

 Week 6 - Spike

He decided to come home with me and is now in the living room checking out my old record collection...he keeps singing "God Save the Queen" and mumbling about The Clash and something about calling London ....

 Week 6 - Spike

 Week 6 - Spike

 Week 6 - Spike

Spike started off as a test for a pattern I had drawn up.
I made him by hand in felt but he looked a little boring (sorry I forgot to photograph that stage), so I started to wonder about needle felting wool onto his body.
The needle felt did not 'grip' very well, so I finished up wet felting him and then adding the decorative yarn trims with the felting needle.

This is Spike after his wet felting:
 Week 6 - Spike

 Week 6 - Spike
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails